Wednesday 19 January 2011

Just our luck


I’m not 1 to point the finger of blame but for this I will make an exception.  We are now in dire need of more snow.  It hasn’t snowed properly now for over a month & over the last week the temperature has been up to +12 at the mid station.  Whose fault is this, well I can only assume that it’s the sister in Law.  Every time we’ve skied with her the snow has been, well, non-existent.  I’m not saying that she does it on purpose, she loves the mountains as much as the rest of us, but a fact is a fact, she’s due out here on Saturday & the snow is getting worse, I make that a 100% record of bad snow.  So, you better be growing that snow beard young lady!

Its just like day 2 on the Glen!


I’m not going to let her take all the blame though.  Me & the wife have a fairly poor record of weather everywhere we’ve been.  It rains where ever we go, like in the middle of a desert or on a tropical island that boast 360 days of sunshine every year, we were there for a week & it rained every day.  Its cold when it should be hot, we’ve got caught in a cyclone when we were in Oz, killer heat waves in Greece, floods in Thailand, -30 in Stockholm & now we’re in one of the highest resorts in the world that usually has skiing till mid August, the 1 time we need precipitation & cold but its fucking hot & sunny.  Still the out-laws fault though.

The forecast is that the temperatures are due to drop & we will get more snow Thursday/Friday, but the weather forecast here is nowhere near as accurate as at home & they never get it right so what chance do we have?

In other news.  We have both been trying, rather unsuccessfully, to get rid of poxy colds for last month.  It’s just not shifting.  So in a drastic effort to get rid of it I decided to lay of the booze for a week, try & be a bit healthy, give the body something that it wants.  This alcohol freeze lasted precisely 8 hours.  It started Sunday morning, as I had to work in the afternoon, however, work was cancelled & Spurs v Man U were on in the pub & as we all know it is actually illegal to go to the pub & not drink booze.  As a side note (& as I text my Man U mate about) is it just me or has the red side of Manchester been watching videos of George Graham’s Arsenal.  Defend, defend, defend & the occasional break away.  Spurs wont win the league & I’d much rather it be the Green & Gold’s than Chelski or the Goons but dam they’re dull, it says it all when their best player is a 100 year old welsh man that has a yoga DVD closely followed by his feisty ginger buddy.   Anyway, as I didn’t last it through Sunday without a beer the week had gone so I thought I may as well have a couple yesterday & then a few over lunch today then the family is out to see us so I cant see this health kick starting till mid March.  Anyway, beer’s is hops & hops are vegetables so what harm can it do.  A bit of further reading, Google Norm’s Buffalo theory of why beer is good for you. 

I've also finally got some photos on.  See post below.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have had no snow and to top it all off failed to give up beer for a week. What am I saying! if you had suceeded in giving up beer then you would clearly be gay. The late walk home from the pub at 3am this morning was bloody freezing and if it carries on them we could b=get some snow here again. If it does I will do the decent thing and send tyou some in the post. Missing drinking in your favorite val dens already. Take care of yourselves. Mark Lynn & MIllie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about no snow at least you can look at your calendar while your stuck in doors (unlike myself).

    ReplyDelete